Sunday, January 1, 2012

Saturday

Yikes, can you believe this is the last day of 2011??? Well there is no doubt time moves on and we grow older with each passing day and hopefully wiser(when did I become so profound). Anyhow we had a busy day and of course I'm writing this post on Sunday morning which means we saw the ball drop(big deal) because I was wide awake from drinking sweet tea all evening instead of vino; so I had a caffeine sugar high which had me awake ALL night. I'm still not tired this AM and feel like I should be heading out for my 2 plus hour workout.

The morning started out with the fowl call from Chester next door around 5 but we rolled over and slept in until nearly 7:30. We did our quiet times and I wrote my post then we did buckwheat pancakes with a banana in the batter and a couple cackleberries on top for breakfast, wow was that ever good eatin'. After the cleanup which seems to have migrated to my side of the marriage vows I headed outside to water the gardens by hand. It was plum warm out but the humidity seemed to be way down south which made for a gorgeous day. Nancy put a load of clothes in laundry and then we got ready for a long walk through the 'hood after she hung the laundry.

The afternoon found us reading, relaxing and talking on the phone to her Michigan family. Her dad isn't doing well as the fluid continues to build up in his lower extremities so we are anxious about what each day will bring. I had a nice chat with oldest sister, Josie in W.Va. and my dad in Va.as well. They all seem well and the weather there has really been nice for this time of the year. We headed out to neighbors Dan and Carol around 6 PM bearing some dewisheous smoked Salmon spread and crackers along with some fresh picked lettuce and herbs. We had never eaten lettuce rolls per say but I liked the idea and they turned out great with a lot less carbs. Carol has sauteed chicken beasts (bite-size) with bean sprouts, onions, garlic and some assortment of sauces and you spoon that on a lettuce leaf, add your favorite herb or sauce, roll or wrap it and eat. Very Good!

After the clean up we played Sequence and the guys smoked the gals the first 3 games but had to win in a tie breaker in the 7th game to win 4-3, way to go for the last match of 2011 guys!!! We then played 18 holes(rounds) of Golf and Nancy won, then we played 7 rounds of chickenfoot domino's and Carol won, so overall it was a gals win on the individual games but as a team effort the guys won. We headed out around 10:30and decided since we have church on Sunday morning we would watch the ball drop at our places. I drank way too much sweet ice tea which had me awake all night. I should have stuck with a little vino before eating. LATER

No comments: