Friday, January 20, 2012

Thursday

It sure felt like a Spring morning in the mountains with the dampness in the crisp cool air as temps were in the 50's. Even though we had a front move through with a nice rain the temps stayed about normal for us. Wow the garden loves this weather and once again I harvested lettuces, kale, beet greens, green beans and another cabbage. The few tomatoes I'm eating are ones that I've ripen in the windows.

The morning was much the usual with Chester crowing his off head at 5'ish then my quiet time and a bowl of cereal before riding out to the rec for my couple hours of pickle ball. We had a very small crowd for the first hour as 3 of us plum wore each other out in a modified game of 2 on 1(Australian). Finally a couple more players strolled in so we could at least have some rest periods between games; but what a work out. I stopped off at the library to check on some books but they hadn't arrived yet so I headed home to work in the garden. The kids weren't coming today so we ran over to GG and Pap's house to do some chores after a lite lunch of salad and leftover Zuppa.

I caught another squirrel in my cage and took him with us to the other side of the lake and turned him or her lose. That makes 4 I've caught in the last couple days and it seems there is that many or more I need to move. Peanut butter is the trick inside the cage and once in there,they are mine. I only wish these were woods squirrels as they make some fine eatin'. Back on the farm we ate them constantly as my dad was quiet a squirrel hunter, nothing like squirrel pot pie or fried squirrel, Yumm, but these critters here in the city eat any and everything and way to much junk. I'm sure if we would have a famine or something we could eat them. Oh well!!!

We stopped off at the grocery on the way home for a couple items before heading home to chill and read the rest of the afternoon. Nancy was on the phone to Michigan and there has been absolutely no change in her dad's condition. He just lays there like he is sleeping, breathing through his mouth with no response from any type of stimuli. This is very disheartening for GG as she feels he will just wake up and everything will be normal again. We are making plans for when the inevitable occurs; however we did hear from a friend who had a parent exist like that under those same conditions for nearly 5 weeks, Oh well!!!

Not much else except we had some dewisheous chicken fried deer tenderloin for supper with mashed red potatoes and I made a milk gravy from the deer drippings, Yeow was that ever some good eatin'. LATER

No comments: