Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday

Brr once again for us flatlanders here in sunny usually warm Florida. There was frost everywhere except on my garden which I did not cover with blankets; thanks to the big oaks that still have their leaves. After taking the chill off the house we began to meander around; Nancy was dressed like an Eskimo with 3 layers on and I finally put on a long legged pair of pants. I can almost guarantee she would never make in the frozen mountains of N.C. in the wintertime, anyhow after our quiet times and the usual bowl of oatmeal with fruit we got ready to head to Tampa for worship at Element Church.

There was a rather large crowd with many new faces especially for as cold as it was this morning. I think it hit the low 30's there whereas we in Pinellas County are 5-10 degrees warmer due to being surrounded by water which has a temp of in the high 50's this time of the year. There isn't much swimming in the Gulf except for those winter visitors who think this water temp is just right; at least they don't have to break the ice to get in the water. Today was Bloody Sunday as the blood mobile was waiting so I headed out as well as did Nancy; she has the good rare blood A negative whereas I'm a universal O positive. Bobby had an awesome message and the music was uplifting and very worshipful. Its great that we don't have to fear for our opportunity to give thanks and worship GOD.

We headed home with much trepidation as we still are awaiting the final word on her Dad's health. It now seems he has lapsed into semi-consciousness and doesn't respond to any speaking. He hasn't taken any sustenance in a day or so and his kidneys are not functioning at all. The morphine is keeping him comfortable and helps him to breathe with ease; it will be just a matter of hours before he passes. Everyone is almost at the relief stage when that does occur.

I sat on the couch the rest of the afternoon watching NFL playoff games while Nancy was on the phone with family. The Ravens won a squeaker over the Texans which really surprised me because if they play like that against the Patriots its all over for them as Brady looked unstoppable against the Broncos. The Giant game was a surprise for me as I actually pulled for them(underdog) and they out played the invincible(I thought) Packers. Michael Strahan was right on both of his picks against all the other NFL prognosticators; he picked the 49 niners and the Giants. I think the 49 niners will beat the Giants especially since they are playing in California. That should be a good game and I think the Pat's will defeather the Birds, although I would like to see the birds win.

We just picked and ate leftovers for lunch and supper but on Monday we making another pot of Zuppa soup; one of my favorites. Its supposed to be nearly 70 on Monday and the lows back to the 50's, now that's Florida winter weather. Not much else is going on, LATER

No comments: