Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Monday

The morning started with the usual fowl wake up around 5'ish, that Chester has the loudest crow and yet he and Sam are the best buddy's. Sam grabs him around the head and plays with him, touching his eyes, comb and beak. I'm surprised Chester doesn't peck him but as soon as Sam gets outside Chester comes a running to the fence. It's so cute hearing Sam giggle while touching Chester and then they run back and forth along the fence together, Oh well I want to cook him at 5 in the morning, especially on days when I don't have pickle ball.

After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with blue berries, and a banana I pedalled out to the rec for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball play. We had a large crew today and there were tons of wet shirts. I headed into to the game room afterwards as three ladies needed a fourth for ping pong so after about 30 minutes and 4 games I pedalled towards home after a quick stop at the library to pick up a book I had ordered. I was ready for a break from activity as it was a great workout morning. The temps were very nice after a chilly(50's) start and had warmed up to the high 60's and nearly 80 by the afternoon with clear blue skies and bright sunshine. What a perfect day as the humidity stayed away. I hand watered the garden after picking green beans which we had for supper, along with a nice beef tenderloin I grilled and some leftover pasta.

Amy and the kiddos came for lunch and we finished the last of the Zuppa soup and both Sam and Ava really like that soup as well. Wow was that ever dewisheous and Amy brought fresh rolls and lunch meat for sandwiches as well. Sam and I headed outside after lunch; he and Chester did their thing until he started looking for buggies. I have a new crop of grey and red bugs that live on the fence and he love playing with them. Ava came outside after helping Nancy make chocolate chip cookies and played as well with Chester then they all headed for home and their naps. I sat outside for awhile reading before we headed to the grocery and vegetable stand. I finally have a few small tomato's starting to turn but the rats and the squirrels are having a field day ruining them. I'm having to pick them green and put them in the window to ripen or else they bite holes them; I've D-Con the rats but the bloody squirrels are hard to keep out unless I stay outside constantly. They really are a nuisance here in Florida, Oh well.

Nancy's dad wasn't having a good day as she spoke with her mom in the afternoon at the hospital as his cough has returned due to the fluid buildup in the lungs, but he is still hanging on for now. Not much else is going on except the weather has been perfect with cool nights; 50's and warm day's in the high 70's and a few low 80's. We do need some rain and a front is supposed to bring of some on Wednesday then cooler temp's for the rest of the week. Our friends from Michigan who are visiting across the street are heading back north on Wednesday just in time for winter weather there after almost summer weather here. They are hoping to sell her business and move down here in couple years and get away from the winters for good. They use to live down here years ago but the job market was lousy so they moved back and bought a bridal boutique shop and have been able to make do but they are tired of the winters and want to retire to Florida as his folks live in Zepherhills which is about and hour or so drive from here. Her mom Ms Carol lives across the street and we look after her to an extent and I'm always doing little odd jobs for her.

Well that's about it for a Monday except I watched a little of the boring college football game between Alabama and LSU and it had a baseball score when I cut the lights off. This was the second time these 2 teams played this season so why were they playing again; and the first game was boring as well. I think BCS has some revamping to do for next year, just my opinion!!! LATER

No comments: