Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tuesday

Yikes what a day of being busy and doctoring Nancy. It all started around midnight when she complained of stomach aches and then it went down hill around 4 AM. The intestinal bug struck and it wasn't pretty; luckily I didn't feel bad and thought maybe I was going to skate on this one. A couple years ago on Christmas we both were down for the count for a couple days with the same bug, hopefully it won't happen again but as I write this post I'm starting to hear my stomach gurgle so if you don't hear from this writer for a day or so you will know I've met up with Montezuma. On a better note Nancy is feeling better after nearly 12 constant hours of pain and elimination and lots of Imodium tablets. I got her to eat a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup made and brought over by her Bible study leader last evening for supper. That was the first thing she felt like trying to eat in nearly 24hours. That soup really seemed to help her and we still have enough leftover in case I may need it.

After I got her settled enough during the mid-morning I headed to the Tampa airport to pick up her family that was flying in from Detroit. I warned them all that no hugging was to take place because of Nancy's condition as I may be contagious. I dropped them off at GG's house along with all kinds of food Nancy had prepared ahead for the funeral gathering for her dad. When they left Detroit it was freezing and nearly 80 when they arrived here around 11 AM; what a contrast as I picked them up in shorts and a t-shirt and they had bundled up in heavy winter clothing. Wow were they ever tickled to have this weather.

I spent the rest of the day taking care of some needs like washing clothes and trying to make Nancy comfortable and finally around supper time she was able to get up and eat a bowl of soup. Thanks again Jeanette Brown from SFBC; not only did she make the soup for Nancy but several dishes for the funeral gathering as well and delivered them to GG's house.

Well that's about all for now as this morning(Wednesday) Nancy is up and seems to be feeling better. She wants to attend her dad's funeral at noon today as she missed the viewing and visitation last evening; of course no one wanted her there passing the bug around. Hopefully she is beyond that stage and will get to interact with all of her family. I'm not to sure at this point if I want to take a chance and venture out for that occasion. LATER

No comments: