Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wednesday

Well the morning was the usual with a few quiet moments before eating a bowl of boring oatmeal and heading to the rec for some pickle ball. The cool crispness in the air made us yearn for our N.C. mornings. We had about a dozen or so players with some great play so there were lots of wet shirts. After the workout I stopped by the weight room for some lifts and a bunch of crunches before pedalling home to water the gardens and to start the smoker. We were supplying the ribs and chicken for our house church tonight so I needed to get them in the smoker. I loaded it up with some hickory wood I cut last fall at the cabin and Nancy had oiled and spiced up the ribs before she headed off to the rec for her (t)dreadmill,so all I had to do was plug it in. I usually give them about 4-5 hours to smoke before adding some barbecue sauce and then letting them smoke another 1 1/2 hours. Man did they ever turn out good and the last hour or so I grilled a dozen or so chicken legs as well. Yummy!!!

The kids had gone to Tampa to have lunch with Tyler so Nancy and I had the afternoon to ourselves before she headed off to have her hair cut and permed. I pulled some beets for her folks as well as cut some lettuce. The lettuce is starting to head up as the heat is fast causing it to mature, I'm surprised its lasted this long but the past few cool nights has prolonged it. Amy made a super Caesar Salad with a couple bunches of it. We seldom eat that type of salad but hers was excellent last night so I think we will try to eat some of this lettuce up in that type of salad before it gets to old.

I read most of the afternoon until it was time to clean the smoker after the ribs were cooked and get ready to head out a couple doors up for our house church. We 13 adults and 5 kids as several of the group was out of town. The ribs and chicken platters were cleaned and licked as well as the Caesar salad bowl. We had broccoli mashed potato's, that was different as she baked them in a muffin pan, Cole slaw, carrots and of course 3-4 kinds of dessert. I passed on the desserts once again as most were store bought, besides I'm still holding at 6 pounds loss.

We got home to watch the voting on American Idol and to see the Ray's sweep the A's with a 10-3 win at Tropicana Field. LATER
Posted by Picasa

No comments: