Saturday, April 3, 2010

Friday

Well I know its Saturday morning but I was lazy last night after we got home from Tampa. Friday was another beautiful day with coolness in the air as I rode out to the rec for pickle ball. We had a reduced crowd of players once again, actually it was kind of nice as we had some good continuous play. Finally at 10 I headed to the weigh room and got in another 100 crunches, now instead of just having a fat gut, I have the start of a firm fat gut, oh well maybe I jut need to put a brace on my elbows so I won't open my mouth as much, thus eating less. Any how after my quiet time and a yucky bowl of oatmeal, I rode out.

After getting home I hand watered the gardens for about an hour, I love having a well but with the looks of my front yard you wouldn't know it. The hard freeze took care of most of my grass so I have a dirt hill. I sowed some grass seed a couple weeks ago and its starting to poke through the dirt, but with all the junk from the oak trees its fighting for its survival. I guess I need to get out the rake once again besides I need to work these arms and back into "mountain living" soon as we will be heading north in about 8 weeks. There I will have tons of plowing to do with my shovel and pitchfork and many days of Ben Gay afterwards, but I love it. Can't wait to hike up that back trail and be out of breath as I reach the top and gander at all the majesty of GOD's creation. Yikes, now that is exciting and something to look forward too.

My garden here is in high gear but the beans are just loaded with blooms but no little ones yet and 'mater have bushels of blooms as well, but none have set. I'm thinking because these plants survived the freeze maybe they are stunned and aren't going to produce, probably should have replanted. Oh well, the onions are big enough to eat as well as the broccoli and the greens; lettuce, kale, mustard and beet greens are really nice. I've started several geraniums from cuttings and they look great and the celery is getting almost big enough to eat. Just for your FYI you can grow celery from the end you cut off from the stalk you buy in the grocery store. Here's what you do, after cutting the end off that holds the stalks together place it in a pot or the ground under about an inch of dirt or potting soil. In about 8-10 days you will see little green leaves appear, water these 2-3 times a day, keep moist and feed once they are up with liquid fertilizer at least once a week or with granular.

Well last evening we headed to Element Church for the Good Friday Service. It was unique and inspiring and we all took communion at the end. Well done and what a way to remember what our LORD did for us. I was privileged to have both of my children and all of my grand children in attendance.

Well, made a stop on the way home at the super Wal-MArt in Pinellas Park and at 9 PM you would have thought there was a "blue light special," people everywhere and no wonder their prices are the best around. We had to exchange a couple dresses for Ava and to pick up a few items. Well better get out of here and head to the beach this (Saturday)morning. LATER

No comments: