Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday

Well it was another N.C. morning here in Florida with crisp cool fresh air with tons of birds singing as I pedaled out to the rec after my quiet time and a leftover buckwheat cake for breakfast. We 10 pickle ball players and what a super workout the first 45 minutes with 4 of us having awesome rallies before the general players arrived. We had a newbie today and even though she is a tennis player it took some time for her to learn the game. After PB I headed into the weight room and did my 100 crunches and then a couple regiments on the heavy weights. I headed home and got some garden work in before Amy and the kids arrived for lunch. Nancy was at the rec on the (t)dreadmill when I left for home trying to get those legs in condition for hiking to the top of the mountain in a few weeks.

After a lunch of ham and cheese on pita bread, Ava and myself headed outside. I caught a wasp and took the stinger out and she played with that bug for an hour, she is just like her mother always playing with"feel funnies." I had Samuel out in the yard with us under the oak tree and there was such a nice breeze that after they left around 2 PM I stayed out and read for another couple hours. He is getting so big, did I mention he is almost 12 pounds at just a little over a month old.

We did a couple rib eye steaks, medium rare on the grill for supper with penne pasta drenched in garlic butter with lots of fresh basil and oregano and a garden salad with Greek dressing. Yumm!! Well after supper I headed out to replace the small fence around the garbage cans as that side of the house is in the evening shade so it made for good working conditions. Seems I had the fence to close to the ground and termites got into the wood and made a mess.

Well Amy just called and they have a huge possum that got into their garbage cans and they wanted to know what I would do with it, of course I said I would bury it in the garden after I knocked it in the head with a shovel. I not sure they liked my answer so I'm not sure what they did with it; of course I mentioned to just turn the garbage over and let it run away so it can come back another day and get in their garbage cans or possibly bite the kids as they play in the yard.

Well the Rays are playing the Orioles tonight in Baltimore and its tied 1-1 in the 5th. LATER

No comments: