Saturday, April 17, 2010

Friday







Was it ever another gorgeous morning and the day turned out to be fill with lots of activities, good eatins' and lots of laughter. After my usual routine of a cup of hot green tea, quiet time and a boring bowl of oatmeal I pedalled out to the rec for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball which translates to exercise and a wet t-shirt. Afterwards I once again subjected by abs to 100 plus crunches and I'm just waiting to get that 6 pack, of course that will probably only happen if I go to the 7-11 and buy one, and once again hoisted 1500 pounds over my head in 50 pounds increments. I'm still holding at a 4 pound weight loss and can finally just begin to see the edge of my big toe when I stand erect. I'm shooting for the whole foot to come into view but after going off the dessert wagon last night, I'm not sure that will happen. I now know what an alky must go through with having just one drink, anyhow more on that scenario later in this post.



After the rec and library I pedalled home to water the dirt hill which by the way has green grass springing forth; now if only those bloody squirrels would quit burying their nuts(acorns) and digging new holes. I wish I could train them to dig up my garden, it sure would save me a lot of spading, oh well I'm starting to remember how good they tasted growing up on a farm in Mt.Falls, Va and one morning carrying 20 plus of those bushy tails from the woods as my dad shot them. My, they were sure good eatin', nothing like fried squirrel or squirrel pot pie.



We are having company for supper; Brian and Susan Kuyatt(Jill's folks) and the Botbyl's(Dan and Carol) so Nancy had me doing all kinds of honey-do stuff plus harvesting greens for the splendid fresh home grown garden salad, picking more 1/2 runner beans which by the way were awesome as Nancy cooks them in a ham base. No wonder people in the mountain won't let another green bean plant in their garden but these. YUMM!!! I harvested lots of fresh parsley and rosemary as Nancy chops these herbs and sprinkles them on top of the sliced lengthwise spuds(jackets on) that have been rolled in olive oil then baked in the oven 'till slightly brown. Too good and of course to top off this feast I grilled marinated chicken breast's smothered in fresh rosemary. Oh my there goes the 4 pounds. Of course we waited awhile then Nancy dug out this ice cream pie she made from Oreo cookies as the base with vanilla ice cream in the middle and then whipped cream, chocolate sauce and roasted pecans on top. This kept all of us awake and playing Sequence 'til nearly midnight. The Kuyatt's then had to drive back to Riverview nearly and hour away. We rolled into bed and I tried to plant my garden in the mountains in my sleep to no avail. So much for relapses, I hate them, all that to just be social. Never again, not for awhile anyhow(I think there is one piece of that pie left in the freezer).



Well Amy had her 6 week checkup as we watched the kids and she is down to a 122 pounds. Makes me sick and she eats like horse. Samuel is just a little butter ball and Ava just gets cuter everyday. We are babysitting tonight as Amy and Tyler go out to dinner and to a movie. Oh the joys of grand parenting, we just love it. That sure makes it tough to leave here in May but with a new laptop with a web cam and Skype we will get to see them in person daily,so that will make it a little easier.



Well better get off here as Nancy has fried egg sandwiches with sliced tomatoes, sliced dill pickle, onion, lettuce with just a dollop of mayo on toast for breakfast. I just love Saturday mornings breakfast's with the idea of going to the beach afterward. Today will be a swim day for me as I'm about 3 months late in getting into the water. We turned the a/c on last night because of 3 menopausal gals and their hot flashes but open the house back up this AM and its beautiful outside with a cool east breeze. Should make for a great outside day.



I almost forgot to mention we had to call the wambulance for the menopausal gals as we men hammered them in a 6-4 win in Sequence not mention we shut them out completely in at least one game. We are getting warmed up for the up and coming season. This was kind of like spring training in baseball when the real season starts after Memorial Day at the Dalton Ranch in Sparta, N.C. Enclosed are a couple pics of Ava and Samuel.

No comments: