Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wednesday

What another gorgeous morning with just a slight chill in the air as I rode out to the rec around 7:20 for some pickle ball after my quiet time and a lite breakfast of oatmeal and banana. We had about 12 players for the day with some fast and hard fought games initially before the general players showed. There were lots of wet shirts. Jersey Jim our PB co-ordinator took a picture of the medal winners from last weeks Good Life Games. I believe there was a total of 5 medal winners from Seminole with the oldest group winners of Harry and Irma taking first place in the over 70 group. Congratualtions to all who participated and our group of players were well represented. Seems the The Villages(Ocala) won most of gold medal as we later learned they play with the same team members on a regular basis and have competed on a national level. I felt fortunate with team member Mitsuko to have at least won the bronze medal.

After PB I stopped off in the weight room and did my 100 crunches before pedaling home to water the dirt pile of a front yard and the gardens. Speaking of the dirt pile some of the newly sowed grass seeds are coming through so we should have green in a week or so if I continue to water daily. The garden is still producing leafy greens however the mustard greens are finishd this year as the heat returns. My 2 large tomato plants are loaded with blooms but as of yet no nubbins(little 'maters) as well is the bean plants have lots of little beanies starting but none big enough to eat. I've started a couple artichoke seeds and I'm curious to see if they grow in the mountains this summer as I have 2 seedlings up about and inch high.

After a supper of marinated grilled rosemary crusted chicken breasts, frozen peas and boiled sweet 'taters we headed out to house church. We had 15 adults and 5 kids and a newbie(Kiesha) as well. We are growing in numbers as we were missing 5 regular attenders. After house church we headed home around 9 to watch American Idol and then watched our Tampa BAy Rays win their second game in a row over the Orioles by the identical scores of 4-3. Go Rays!!!

Well better get off here as I'm babysitting Ava while Amy and Nancy head to the mall. LATER

No comments: