Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday

What a beautiful day we had with the morning starting out with cool temp's and lots of bright sunshine. We actually slept in until 7:30 then just kind of loafed around until it was time to head out to the beach. After our quiet times and a breakfast of eggs and toast we headed out. The beach was gorgeous with just a touch of coolness in the breeze to make it comfortable. I tried the water but only managed to go in ankle deep as the water was quite cold and with the breeze I didn't want to chance catching cold. We stayed until a little after noon before heading home.

After a light lunch of a fresh garden salad I headed out to water the garden and do a little garden work. One of my tomato plants has steadily looked bad the past couple of days so I decided to dig it up to check to see if any nematodes had attacked the roots, well I found healthy roots but couldn't decide what was causing this plant to slowly die. Anyhow it was one of the three plants that survived the freeze. I checked my new seeds I planted a week or so ago and I have 4 different tomato seedlings up, bak choy, kale and artichokes as well. I moved up into larger pots a couple of basil seedling I thought had died and now they are doing great in this new potting soil mixture.

Well I did a few chores to get ready for company tomorrow for dinner. We are expecting 17 folks for dinner around 6 PM, should be fun with all the grand kids. I grilled a couple marinated chicken breasts for supper and Nancy sauteed some zucchini and onions in olive oil and we put that over wild rice, YUMMM!!!

Well I'm watching Butler hand it to Michigan State in the Final 4 and the W.Va. vs Duke should be a good one as well. Well tomorrow is worship at Element Church and we are excited about seeing all of our family and friends as well on this special day as we celebrate the empty tomb and Jesus victory over death. Happy Easter to all, LATER

No comments: