Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday

Well it was another great morning with temps in the 60's, clear blue skies and a nice breeze. The humidity has started to creep back in but so far its tolerable as we still have the windows open. I believe it reached the low 80's today but was still quite comfortable. After my usual quiet time and boring bowl of oatmeal with a banana I pedaled out to the rec for some pickle ball at 7:30. We had 11 players today but the first hour was filled with fierce competition with some great play. After 2 1/2 hours I headed home as the weight room was closed for maintenance so I gave the abs, shoulders and arms a day off from the weights, but I worked them out when I got home as I redid the fence and later after supper repainted it again.

I spent an hour watering the gardens and the front yard as well as pulling weeds, man I wish the grass grew as fast as the unwanted weeds. Amy came around 11:30 with Ava and Samuel so we had a fresh garden salad for lunch. I headed outside to finish some chores and Ava came out to look for buggies before she talked Nancy into making chocolate chip cookies. The girls made and they ate, but I remained true to my promise of staying away from desserts; although I haven't seen much of a weight loss lately but I haven't gained any weight either so that's a plus.

Well I grilled some pork chops with the bone-in, smothered in fresh rosemary and Nancy used up some instant spuds we needed to use before heading north and with some gravy and a bowl of chopped spinach made for a yummy supper. After eating we headed out to work in the gardens and yard as the temperature was quite pleasant for working outside with the strong breeze. Well the Ray's won last night 5-1 in Baltimore,but are down 1-0 as I write. Its in the 40's there, yikes that's a bit nippy. Go Ray's. LATER.

No comments: