Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday

Well it was a nice breezy morning with a little more humidity creeping back in with the warmer temp's. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I pedaled out to the rec for some pickle ball. We had about 10 players today and not as many wet shirts but still a good workout. I headed off to the weight room for my 100 plus crunches and a workout with the heavy weights,afterwards. I need to work these arm, chest and shoulder muscles as I get ready to lots of physical work the end of May with tilling all the gardens by hand.

After the rec I stopped by the library and picked up a couple reads before heading home to once again hand water the dirt hill in the front yard and of course my gardens. I removed several lettuce stalks that I had picked clean and boy did they ever have some great roots as well as did the mustard greens. The heat is starting to take its toll on my sugar peas as tomorrow will be my last pickings from them. They were surely delicious while they lasted.

After lunch I watched Ava as the girls went shopping and we played out in the back yard under the big oak. There are some fuzzes still falling and a few green worms that come with the new foliage. Ava calls them "slimy", I think she gets that from Seasame Street. She has her bug catcher out and loves to fill it with all kinds of buggies. We had Amy and the kids for supper tonight as Tyler had ESL at church so Nancy fixed salmon cakes, yellow rice and sauteed yellow squash and onions.

Well after supper I watered once again and can really start to see the new grass showing colors. Well tomorrow we are eating at GG and Pap's house for dinner as we are celebrating his birthday dinner once again. Should be good eatin' with roast chicken, 'taters and gravy and of course Nancy's fresh salad. LATER

No comments: