Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday

Was it ever a beautiful morning with just a slight chill in the air, but with tons of bright sunshine. After our quiet times Nancy decided it was time for a mountain breakfast with buckwheat cakes, fried ham and a couple of cackleberries(eggs). We were out of bananas so we had plain cakes but were they ever good with a little honey on top as well as the eggs. After breakfast I headed out to work in the garden as Nancy got ready for the beach. We headed out about 10:45 to Redington Beach.

The water at the beach was the best we've seen this year so far. There was an offshore breeze which caused there to be just a few small rollers(waves). There was tons of people in the water although at first it seemed cold but as the morning wore on I was ready to take a dive myself. We did a couple miles walking in the surf and by the time we left around 1PM we had plenty of sunshine. After getting home we had a quick lite lunch of leftover salad and peanut butter crackers. I headed to Tyler's the take some bean poles as he planted pole beans instead of bush beans, then headed to CVS to pick up Nancy's thyroid prescription and finally stopped by the library to pickup 6 books I had on hold. While I was gone Nancy hung a couple loads of laundry, vacuumed and put a couple chicken breasts into marinated for tonight's fajitas for supper.

I watched a little of the Yankee vs Ray baseball game and it was a total win for the Yank's this day after getting whupped last night. Sure hope tomorrow's game is better than today's. I harvested a bunch of lettuce, kale, beet greens and herbs for our salad for supper plus I pulled a couple leeks to be sauteed with the green and red peppers. They were actually very mild when compared to an onion, but a little tougher. Some how they got started in my garlic bed in N.C. last fall and I dug them up thinking they were garlic and brought them back to Fl. They are slow growing with maybe getting as big around as a 25 to 50 cent piece, but very mild. I have another 1/2 dozen growing and I must figure out a recipe to use them. Bobby indicated he uses them in many of his gourmet dishes.

The rosemary grilled chicken was superb with black beans and rice for supper. Wow that has to be one of my favorite meals. Well after supper I headed out to water the dirt hill in the front yard as well as all the gardens then pulled a few weeds. There is an overcast this evening which made it quite pleasant for working outside. We cut the a/c off and once again opened the windows. Well tomorrow is the gathering at Element and we are excited about worshipping as well as visiting with Bobby, Jill and Annsley. LATER

No comments: