Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday

Once again it was another N.C. morning here in the deep south, actually central Florida where by this time of the year it's usually hot and humid, but this morning it was in the low 60's with bright sunshine, a soft breeze and no humidity. Yikes, you have got to love this weather. This morning at the cabin there was heavy frost with temp at 27 degree's our mountain mom Helen informed us. Hopefully all the fruit trees survived this frost as well as the berry bushes.

After my quiet time and a bowl of Cheerios with a banana(for a change) I pedalled out to the rec for pickle ball. We had 14 players and once again the early arrivers got in some good play before the general players showed up. We actually were able to play until nearly 10:30. Afterwards I stopped by the weight room and did 150 crunches and some heavy weights before heading home to water and feed the gardens. I gave away more lettuce today as its starting to lose its shape and needs to be eaten. Nancy made our first Caesar's salad tonight out it and wow it was great, the only thing missing was the croutons. Nancy fixed fried flounder, yellow rice as well as 1/2 runner beans. My was that ever good eatin' and I tried something different with the rice by adding fresh Thyme after it was cooked. Ava loved the herbs and had 2 helping of the rice and even Nancy had to admit it really added something to the dish. I would use herbs of some kind in every meal but Nancy isn't as sold on them as I. We do use a lot of garlic but I love fresh oregano, rosemary, thyme, basil, dill and parsley; all of which I grow as well as leeks, onions(scallions), jalapeno and green peppers. Yikes are they ever good flavoring for some really everyday dishes. Try adding a little jalapeno pepper on top of your next baked potato, wow does that ever wake up your taste buds.

After supper Ava and I went outside so she could ride her trike but before that as I was watering just before supper I noticed a fresh complete black snake skin in the 1/2 runner beans and I knew Ava would be thrilled to learn about it, well I was right as she carried it around before she finally broke it into several pieces asking all kinds of questions. She always wants to touch whatever it is I show her. After our show and tell we did sidewalk chalk before Amy took the kids home for their baths as it was going on 8 PM.

Just and update on these Ray's they were beating the K.C. Royals 9-1 in the 5th inning, Go Ray's. I also learned today my old elementary school(Gore) principal passed away at the age of 95. He, Mr Frank Whitacre gave me a few paddlings of which I deserved.LATER

No comments: