Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday Morning

Tuesday was much the usual except for the delicious smells of Christmas cookies baking. Nancy, Amy and GG with Sam's help made 4 or 5 different kinds of them and the smell of ginger snaps still are evident in the kitchen area, wow what a wonderful smell.

 After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries I headed out on my bike for an hour and half of pickle ball at the rec. We had about 8 players for the first hour then a few more dribbled in but the play was fast and there were lots of wet shirts. We will probably be short of players until after Christmas as many are going out of town for the holidays.

After the rec I stopped off at the library before heading home to a houseful of bakers and Sam. He came outside with me while I watered the gardens then he wanted me to read a couple books as he heard a fire engine with its siren. I have one of those books that make noises for all kinds of vehicles and the fire truck is one. We read books until he got interested in sitting at the table watching the girls make cookies and of course he had to have a couple.

After lunch I vegetated with a book and Sam played in the toy room between watching Toy Story and helping with the cookies. By 2 PM the girls had wrapped up the baking for the day and had cleaned up their mess and Amy was going to drop GG at her house on her way to pick Ava up at school. They had a busy day. Nancy took off after they left for her treadmill workout at the rec. The cool front front that came through allowed us to cut off the a/c and open the windows once again as the breeze really felt nice. We are supposed to get some really cold temps this weekend with some 40's and even 30's north of the Bay area, yikes!!! LATER

No comments: