Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday Morning

Well it sure looks as if all the roofs in the hood are covered with frost except the house behind me which is partially covered by trees. I checked my garden and there doesn't seem to be any white frost on the plants but the grass in the yard next door shows some white. I never would have thought it would cool down enough to produce frost. Saturday was a cool day all day with the wind still blowing but not nearly as strong as it did on Friday. There was plenty of sunshine and the temps stayed in the high 50's all day.

Saturday morning was a sleep-in morning despite the roosters next door. We managed to stay under the warm covers until nearly 8 before starting the day.I noticed my right knee for some reason felt swollen and it seemed as if I may have hyper-extended it some how. I played PB on Friday and it didn't bother me but maybe the 3 hours walking around the zoo in the cold temps may have caused it to ache; anyhow it feels swollen and irritated. Oh well just another facet of growing old I guess. Anyhow after a breakfast of egg burritos I headed out to water the garden. The strong winds really dried out the soil and caused some minor damage to the lettuce. I didn't stay out long as the air was still chilly.

Nancy had to take her mother to the store and got caught up in a heavy traffic jam due to a very bad accident just down the road at a major intersection. I decided to take a bike ride to the library as I had some books come in that I ordered. The knee felt pretty good while pedalling so at this point other than overuse I think it will be fine. I will have until next Wednesday after Christmas before I'm scheduled to play PB again.

We had our friends and neighbors Dan and Carol for supper last night. Dan did a rack of pork ribs and Nancy made an awesome salad and scalloped potato's with a white cheese sauce, Yeow was that ever tasty with some crusty bread and a glass of vino to wake up the taste buds. After eating we cleaned up the kitchen and played a game of hotly contested Phase 10. The score was close until the very last play when Carol won as we all were on the last phase. We sat around and chilled until 9:30 talking after the game. They headed out and we headed for the showers. Today is drive to Tampa to worship with our son, Bobby and his family at Element Church where he is the pastor, LATER 

No comments: