Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday Morning

The morning was a little different as I tried out pickle ball for the first time since before Thanksgiving. I felt good to be back on the court and I teamed up with several good players enough so I had a wet shirt in no time. I played for about an hour or so and it was great. The timing is slightly off and the legs are not quite as quick but that will come back I feel with getting back into shape. I never got winded which is a good sign that my lungs are finally healing and I had no coughing, great. All of this took place after my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with a banana and blueberries and after a ride to the rec on my bike.

I came back around 9:30 after a stop at the library for a read. I picked up Carole King's autobiography. She is just a couple years older than myself and her life is quite interesting. I have always liked her music and I never realized she was such a talented song writer as well. She had her problems with husbands which goes I guess with being a celebrity. I worked in the garden for an hour or so after getting back from the library. Betsy brought the 25 pound turkey by after lunch and Nancy got that in the oven then she took off shopping.

We had a house full once again for supper with Betsy, Braden, GG, Amy, Tyler, Ava, Sam, Nancy and myself. The meal was delicious with of course; roast turkey which Betsy brought but we cooked, dry stuffing and candied yams which GG made, fresh steamed green beans and pumpkin pie that Amy made and of course smashed 'taters and gravy Nancy made. It was a scrumptious meal and we all waddled away from the table.

Well everyone stayed until it was going on 9 except for Tyler and the kids as it was a school night and Ava needed her rest. After the clean  up I settled in to the last of O'Reilly and then hit the showers, LATER

No comments: