Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday Morning

Monday was another awesome day weather wise with clear skies and bright sunshine. The temps reached the low 80's by afternoon but a nice breeze kept it comfortable. The morning was much the usual with the 6 Am or earlier serenade by the rooster next door. I did my usual of blueberries and oatmeal after my quiet moments before heading out to the rec for an hour and a half of pickle ball. I'm slowly building back up my strength. I stopped off at the library for a couple new read which is what I did after working in the garden until lunch.

Nancy took off for her dental appointment which lasted a couple hours. Once again he rebuilt a tooth and drained my bank account plus she had a cleaning on top of that; close to 500 bucks for one tooth and a cleaning YEOW!!!! Anyhow after she got home she took off to the rec for her workout on the treadmill and I read a fantastic story about one of our Navy pilots who escape from a POW camp in Laos after being shot down near the border. What a story and the determination to escape some awful brutal guards. I finished the story just before bedtime and while he did make it back to America the ending took a lot of courage as well as he suffered from Lou Gehrig disease.

I grilled some deer burgers to go along with sauteed yellow squash, onion and fresh garlic in olive oil, then put that over rice with a little soy sauce. We had a fresh garden salad on the side, Yumm! Well that was about it for the day nothing to exciting, LATER  

No comments: