Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Morning

Well Thursday was another busy day with a touch of winter in the air. When I say winter for Florida it means one had to wear long pants and a sweater when outside. I headed to to the rec after a cup of hot green tea and my quiet time. It was a little chilly on the bike and the wind was blowing out of the north. I did almost 2 full hours of play and it felt good despite having a brace on my knee and elbow. Afterwards I headed home and hoed the garden and then feed all the plants with some liquid nutrients. I pulled the weeds in and around my onions what a trick that is to keep from pulling them up.

We had lunch just the two of us as Amy and the kiddos were busy elsewhere but they along with Bob's family, GG and Betsy were coming for supper. Nancy wanted to give Tyler a birthday dinner despite his birthday happened while we were in the mountains. I grilled brat's and Nancy made a huge pot of vegetable beef barley soup using the prime rib bones for the base. Wow was that delicious. GG made a bowl of German potato salad and then Amy made an apple pie with vanilla ice cream and Nancy made a chocolate cake with white icing. I managed to stay away from the dessert's but it was tough. Thankfully all of the dessert left the house when the guests left. I still have 1/2 of a homemade apple sauce cake with raisins and black walnuts leftover from Christmas and since no one else is crazy about it I will take my time devouring it one slice per day; I grew up on that dessert.

The grand babies had a great time running, playing and just being pals together. They are really playing good together and starting to show so much personality and getting them together twice in one week is a real treat. I'm having to go on a"watch my food intake" 'cause I'm developing that spare tire once again. We have one more overeating day with New Years coming up in about 4 days. My resolution will be off desserts for awhile and start back on my apple cider vinegar after each meal.

Well its cold here again with temps down into the 40's but the garden is doing O.K. except the sweet basil which is just about dead. I'm trying to revive them but it doesn't look good, LATER

No comments: