Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday Morning

Wednesday was an awesome day with really chilly early morning temps. I had to wear a flannel shirt as I rode my bike to the rec for some hour and half of pickle ball. It finally warmed up by the time I left the rec around 9:30 and stayed mild most of the day. Sam and I played out in the back yard for awhile when he came around 10 AM with Amy to continue with the Christmas baking. He eventually grew tired and wanted in the house to help the girls decorate the cookies.

The morning was much the usual with a 6 AM serenade from the rooster next door. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries I headed out. After the rec I stopped off at the library then pedalled home to work in the garden. Things are really taking off now that I'm watering by hand twice a day as well as feeding the plants with some Miracle Grow. My collards are really for picking as well as the romaine lettuce. I pulled a few radishes the other day and the beans are blooming as well as I have green tomato's set.

We took GG home after the cookie baking and then we headed on to Sam's Club for some goodies. We picked her back up around 6 as we headed to Amy's for supper. She made Greek stuffed peppers and were they ever great. What awesome flavor along with crusty bread and a garden salad the eatin' was mighty fine. We stayed and played with the kids until it was their bath time before heading out. The temps were dropping enough you could feel the chill in the air; even though we were all in shorts, LATER

No comments: