Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday Morning

Well I had a much better night with little or no coughing which made for a decent nights sleep. The lungs seem to be better with less of a raw effect than the past several days.

The day started out with no medicine in my body which to me seemed a plus; except for my daily regiment of vitamins and supplements. I had my usual cup of hot green tea then a bowl of boring oatmeal with a chopped up apple, honey and cinnamon to start the day. I'm thrilled that I seem to have dropped a couple pounds, while I never loss my sense of smell or taste my appetite hasn't been overly excited. Nancy has made great dishes but where I was always cleaning up the pots with seconds now I'm eating them the next day for lunch. I was over 206 pounds at the E.R, a couple weeks ago when I checked in with the pneumonia and that was about 25 pounds of fluids. I haven't weighed lately but my ankles, feet and tummy have returned to what appears normal in size.

I was outside in the warm morning air piddling around in the garden and yard. Amy brought Sam by for to me watch for an hour or so while she ran to the mall. We had a great time together as he loves for me to play cars and trucks and to read books. He is such a sweet boy and is all boy. After he left I headed down to the barber shop for an ear lowering. The bike ride did me good as I'm trying to build up my stamina once again. Nancy was at the dentist have a tooth saved and eventually filled with porcelain. Yikes is that ever expensive but at least no mercury for a change.Oh well she is confident this dentist knows what he is doing and will be able to save her teeth.

Nancy took off to her moms after the dentist to help Amy with putting up her Christmas Tree. Sam was there to help as well. I chilled, took a nap and read the rest of the afternoon waiting for Nancy to return. It was just a gorgeous day with a gentle breeze that kept the humidity away despite it reaching the low 80's.

Well that's about it as I feel a little stronger each day and I'm thrilled there is just an occasional cough. My muscles in the chest and tummy area have finally returned to normal as the pain was intense while coughing. Hopefully I'm on the way to a full recovery and maybe next week I can get back on the pickle ball court, LATER

No comments: