Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday Morning

Friday turned out to be a day of many weather conditions. It started out with 42 degrees and a chilly ride on the way to the rec. My breath was evident as I pedalled out. The middle afternoon it was warm enough to open a window then it clouded up and a chilly breeze blew in rain clouds and by supper time it was raining steadily and rained all night long and it's still cloudy with some showers this AM.

I did almost 2 1/2 hours on the pickle ball court before heading out to the library to pick up a new read. I headed home and the sun was shining and it had warmed up to the high 50's so I did some watering and pulled a few weeds. Amy and the kids were coming for lunch then she wanted to go check out mattresses for the new bunk beds for Ava and Sam, so she and Nancy took off in the truck. Well they found a good buy at Big Lots and the girls managed to load the mattress and get it back to her house where they unloaded it. Sam and Ava stayed with me and we(they) had treats and we watched a couple movies. I sent the last of the ice cream home with them as I'm officially off sweet foods for awhile. I even froze the last of my applesauce cake for a later date.

GG called an invited us to her house for Zucchini pie for supper. That is an awesome dish and one we haven't had in awhile. Nancy brought a fresh garden salad and the meal was superb. After the cleanup we got in 2 games of Phase 10 and GG beat us in both games; convincingly. We headed out around 9 and so I hit the showers and then tuned into Duck Dynasty and some Friday Night Fights(I love boxing). Nancy was into some 2 hours of a show on 48 Hours that was about a hoax abduction, LATER

No comments: