Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Morning

The temp's once again cooled down so it was off with the a/c. Aah the feel of fresh cool air is invigorating. The day started with much the usual fare for breakfast after my quiet time and then a ride out to the rec on my bike for about an hour and a half of pickle ball. We had a crowd of advanced players and the play was fast and hotly contested. I had a wet shirt in no time and it was almost continuous play for the total time I was there. I stopped by the library for a couple new reads before heading home.

I transplanted my 5 pepper plants and I'm not sure which is which. Tyler gave me some of his plants he started from seeds and he wasn't sure which were Bell or jalapeno peppers; anyhow I will know when they begin to bear. I also transplanted my yellow squash plant in hopes it will make as well. I then fed all of my lettuces and I'm starting to get some growth out of my Bib lettuce finally. Most everything else loves the extra feedings of Miracle Grow so I will continue on a limited basis with cutting the strength in half but feeding nearly everyday. The soil here is so sandy so it takes a lot of water.

Nancy took off shopping and then to GG's where Betsy, Amy and Nancy put together a couple hundred grape leaves stuffed with rice and meat. They are O.K. but Tyler and of course Betsy family love them. Nancy brought a dozen or so home for supper and we ate them with the left over smashed spuds. They kind of remind me of stuffed cabbages with the red sauce. After supper it was the usual with FOX NEWS, O'Reilly and then I tuned into some guys catching rattlesnakes before reading until it was lights out, LATER

No comments: