Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday Morning(last day of 2012)

Well as you who follow this post know I'm a little late in posting for Sunday as I slept in by mistake this morning so I'm writing this after pickle ball. Sunday found us cold outside so we had the heat on before we headed off to church and then again most of the day as it stayed nippy with the north wind making it feel even colder. Since there was no church at Element due to house church Sunday we decided to worship with daughter  Amy and her family at our old church in Seminole. Well we were made to feel welcome by many and it was a great home coming as well.

After church we came back to a lunch of left over soup and brats. Afterwards I settled in to the NFL and watched our hapless Bucs beat the best team in the league convincingly. I was pleased to think they had something to build on for next year after a 7-9 season. There were a couple other good game whereas the Vikings and Redskins made it into the playoffs after dismal starts. We headed out around 6 PM for neighbors Dan and Carol for supper.

Dan was grilling salmon on a cedar plank along with smashed spuds and sauteed spinach to go with a fresh salad. We played a game of Phase 10 and while it looked like I was the winner Nancy beat me by 20 points on the score sheet in the final phase. It was a cold walk back to the house around 9. I settled in once again to the last game of the regular season until it was lights out a little after 11, LATER 

No comments: