Saturday, December 8, 2012

Saturday Morning

Well it was a busy day on Friday which ended around midnight after a trip to Riverview where we had our annual domino night at the Kuyatt's house. I managed to stay awake most of the way back as our neighbor the Botbyl's drove.

The morning started out with the usual rooster wake up some time around 6 AM but we held off and eventually arose around 7. After our usual quiet time and our cup's of coffee and green tea we made our respective breakfast's of the usual boring oatmeal with blueberries, banana and honey. I headed out around 9 to work in the yard and garden. I mowed both yards which maybe took an hour total. It's so flat here its almost embarrassing anyhow after that job I worked in the garden feeding once again some of the potted plants with some Miracle Grow. It was after 11 by the time I finished. I sat down and read waiting on Nancy to get back from her Friday morning Bible Study at SFBC. Well at 12:30 she still hadn't arrived so I heated up some leftover; rice, broccoli and chicken and ate lunch alone. She and Amy came in around 1 PM with Sam and ate lunch as their study ran long.

The girls decided to make some Christmas cookies after Amy picked up Ava from school so the house was filled with the delicate aroma of spritz cookies baking. I ate one but it was a chore to not eat more. I sat outside with Sam after lunch watching him play. GG and Aunt Betsy came by for a late lunch as well so we had a house full. After they left to go shopping Nancy put together her sandwiches we were taking to the domino party at the Kuyatt's. It was around 6 PM when we headed out for Riverview. It's a little over 50 miles one way and on Friday the traffic is awful so we took the cross town toll road going over. We made it in a little over an hour.

Susan and Brian had quite a spread along with Nancy's hoagies; there was meat balls, wiener in a bun, layered taco dip and chips, cookies and an apple cake plus all kinds of drinks and candies. It was delicious eating. We got into a hotly contested game of 15 domino's which took us up to 11PM when we decided to call it a night. There was much bantering, cutting up and lots of laughter plus way to much to eat and munch on through the night. I wanted to stay awake so I drank a coke and ate some desserts which seemed to upset my tummy by the time we made it back home around midnight. It carried over this morning as well with lots of gas pains and trips to the john. I finally took some ginger with water and it seemed to have calmed down the spasms, oh well!!!

Today, Saturday is Paw Paw's 85 birthday. He is the oldest living Triplett and I spoke with him last evening. He and his friend Adeline went to Outback Steakhouse to celebrate. Well that's about it for Friday. I hope to get back to making these posts on the eve if I can stay awake long enough. I feel a little stronger each day and I'm trying to do more to build back up. I never would have thought this illness would leave me so drained of my strength, LATER

No comments: