Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Morning

Well I feel a little stronger this morning after a good nights rest. I did very little coughing during the night and most of that was this morning after I awakened. I actually feel close to being back to somewhat my old self as far as strength goes. Yesterday I spent more time outside in the garden and yard, playing with Sam and then reading out under the shade tree.

The morning(Thursday) started out much the usual with my quiet time and then I poached a couple eggs and put them over some home fries, yeow that was good eatin' with a little hot sauce on top and a glass of V-8 juice. Nancy and I took off to Sam's Club for some shopping and while gassing up an attendant with an auto glass company checked my windshield and discovered the small crack I received on Thanksgiving Day as we drove home from Bobby's. He fixed my windshield while I was shopping and gave me a life time guarantee. I had forgot about the rocks hitting the windshield while traveling on the bridge and noticed the small crack and chip the next day before I got so ill. Well that made for a quick and easy fix and my insurance company o.k'ed the transaction.

We headed home after a quick stop at Publix's and Lowes which were next door to each other. I needed some Miracle Grow as my lettuces were looking sick and in need of some liquid fertilizer. After a lunch of the last of the pasta fasoule soup, Sam and I headed out into the back yard where we played. He loves digging in the dirt. The girls took off to the mall so Sam and I entertained one another.

After they left to pick up Ava at school I took a small nap and then read for an hour or so. I grilled some marinated chicken breasts for supper while Nancy had a butternut squash baking in the oven. Yikes was that ever good with a little butter and nutmeg on top. A fresh salad with Greek Dressing rounded off the eatin'. I did the clean up as Nancy was taking her mom(GG) to see Ava's Christmas program at school. I opted out as I still am afraid my resistance is down and I didn't want to expose myself to a bunch of school kids that have colds. I stayed home and watched the news and read. After my shower I layed down watching Moonshiners rerun when I fell asleep and Nancy woke me up when she got home after 9, LATER
 

No comments: