Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday Morning

Once again we had another beautiful day here in sunny Florida with temps reaching into the low 80's but a nice  breeze from the East kept it pleasant. I did much better during the night with just an occasional cough but I can tell my strength is still some what suspect. Last night after my shower around 8:30 I layed down on the bed to watch Duck Dynasty and I was out cold in no time, yikes!!!

The morning started with a rooster wake up around 6 but we managed to remain in the sack until 7. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I headed out to the back yard where the tree trimmers who are cutting out the power lines where in my back yard. They spent a couple hours in the oak tree trimming and cutting and did a wonderful job of keeping the cut branches from falling into my garden. One fellow climbed the tree with ropes and spent a couple hours in the air moving from branch to branch cutting and sawing. I even got an estimate on removing the big oak in the front yard as its starting to do some damage as well as parts of it are showing some rot. This tree is 6 foot across and while not exceptionally tall it is huge around the middle. It's going to take a couple thousand from their estimate to make it "git gone".

I spent the morning on my feet in the yard and garden as I try to build up my stamina. After a lite lunch of salad Nancy took off for her hair appointment and I did lay down and rest for an hour while reading. I'm thrilled the lungs are doing so much better but concerned its taking me this long to get my strength back. We had some chicken fried deer steak for supper with rice and broccoli and I made a milk gravy from the drippings , wow was that ever delicious. Awesome eatin' and down right good for ya. Many thanks to Andy Dalton for supplying that meat.

Well that's about it for Wednesday except I did sow some more seeds; 2 types of lettuce, sugar peas and some icicle radishes, LATER

No comments: