Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday Morning

Well we are saddened to see and hear of the terrible deed that was committed by a 20 year old against his mother and then 20 elementary age school kids in Connecticut. It is a sign of the times now that the political correct crowd has removed any form of disciplinary actions as well as any respect for GOD and authority in our nation. This was unheard just a few years ago but now it has become almost a weekly occurrence. I feel so sad for the families who lost such innocent little ones.

Well other than the news it was a good day here in chilly Florida.When I say chilly it was down into the low 60's which is quite a change from the 80's. The morning started out on Friday much the usual with our quiet times, then a bowl of oatmeal with fruit before riding out to the rec for some 1 1/2 hours of pickle ball. I worked up a good sweat and felt strong throughout the play but decided to cut it 45 minutes short as I didn't want to overdo it. I stopped off at the library but the books I had ordered weren't in yet.

Amy brought Sam around 11:30 and I watched him while the girls in their Friday morning Bible study headed out to lunch at Olive Garden. Sam and I had a fun time in the back yard playing then a lite lunch and finally playing trucks in the toy room. Amy came back around 2 and they stayed until it was time to pick Ava up from school. Nancy got home from the luncheon and shopping afterwards so I just chilled reading while she wrapped Christmas gifts.

We had grilled salmon along with penne pasta in a garlic butter sauce with fresh mushrooms as well as fresh broccoli for supper, Yeow was that ever good, LATER

No comments: