Thursday, October 13, 2011

Wednesday

Well typical Florida weather has returned with it being 90 degrees, high humidity and bright sunshine. The a/c is on and the windows closed but somehow the seedlings I planted on Monday are hanging in there with twice a day watering. Luckily I have a shallow well. The radish seeds I sowed on Monday are popping through the ground in only 2 days. I have lots of lettuce up as well as kale, and Swiss Chard. Now if I could just keep the dang squirrels out of the garden maybe I will have a crop.

The day started much the usual with an early wake up between 5:30 and 6 of course the rooster symphony is evident. I did my quiet time then ate a bowl of cereal before pedalling out to the rec for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. Wow did we ever have some great play today and it was fast and furious. We have some really big hitters; but what a great workout. I did head into the weight room for a little extra as I've put on a couple pounds so I feel I must maintain around 178-180 to have that good feeling. Anyhow after the rec I stopped by for a couple reads. I picked up a true read about the FBI hostage negotiator who was involved with some high profile cases, so far it an excellent read.

Amy and the kiddos came for lunch and we had a grand time. Sam and Ava are so cute and just fun to be around. We had a grand time playing and of course they are entertaining in an of themselves. I was ready for a little nap when they left but we had to make a Wal-Mart run and then a Sam's run. Although we buy from ourselves through Amway for all our household and cleaning products there are a few things we get either at Sam's or Wal-Mart. Anyhow we got back from that run around 4:30 and boy was it ever HOT and HUMID.

We were having one of my favorite suppers; collards greens, chicken fried cubed deer steak with milk gravy and potato's from my garden. The deer meat was from Andy and Mechelle Dalton's freezer and I can't brag enough how great it was. Andy knows how to dress and butcher a deer and the taste of the meat is wonderful and absolutely the best I've ever eaten, Many Thanks, guys!!!

After supper Nancy had to pick up her mother from the rehab facility as her dad was moved this afternoon from the hospital back there. He still has a long way to go as he can't walk but at least he is eating again and is in somewhat better spirits. Thanks to all who keep him in your prayer's daily and remember her mom as well as this time has really started to take its toll on her life as well. We can only do so much to support and assist them as they both realize things will probably never be as they once were.

I watered the gardens and then vegetated in front of the tube flipping back and forth between ball games but cut the lights before either was over. My interest has twiddled since the home town guys are out but between Bill O'Reilly and baseball I'm glued to the tube for a couple hours at night. Just a note on the specials this months from our team leaders and Amway; Ribbon Gift Albums buy 2 and the 3rd is free, great savings especially as the holidays are coming up and these would make great gifts especially if you have to send presents up North or down South; no gift wrapping, mall walking or cost to mail packages. Shipping is Free with these albums, you have to the end of the month to decide; go to our store at Amway.com/JNTriplett and click on other products and there they are, Ribbon Gift Albums. I will remind all again before the last couple days of the month. Remember this special pricing is not from Amway but from our generous team leaders. LATER

No comments: