Saturday, October 29, 2011

Friday

Well today was a day of being busy once again so the time just slipped away so fast. The morning was pretty much the usual with a wake up by the roosters next door, then a few moments to reflect, give thanks and seek special needs and healing for those we know and love who are hurting. Afterwards I had a bowl of cereal with a banana then got ready to ride to the rec on my bike. It was drizzling rain so I rode fast as Nancy had a 9:15 appointment for blood work(her 6 months checkup due to the fact she is on Lipitor) and I didn't want to miss an hour of pickle ball. We had a full crew today with some great play and lots of wet shirts.I was ready for a break after 2 plus hours of play.

I stopped by the library and picked up a couple reads I had ordered through the on-line system of requesting books. Wow, I love this system and that's in N.C. as well at our little pee dunk library in Sparta. Nancy and I both took advantage of it the short time we were in the mountains the past couple years. Anyhow after picking up those reads I headed home under overcast skies. The morning rain had stopped but the humidity was so high and with the 80+ we decided to dry the house out and once again turned on the a/c. Nancy took off to drive her mom to the rehab and got back in time to have lunch with Amy and Sam as Ava stayed at school to have lunch and play with her school mates. She loves school and is adjusting very well. I made a large salad and Amy ate left over Tortilla soup.

After lunch Sam and I went outside to play in the back yard and Amy had to pick Ava up so when she got home we all(the kids and I) stayed in the back yard. Sam playing with the rooster through the fence and Ava looking for lizards to catch. She is fast and usually catches them but occasionally does them in the process. We had a fun time and both of them are outside kids and they will be gardeners as well as they want to plant something new all the time. I have some many flowers planted that when they bloom Ava will be in her glory picking off the blooms.

After the kiddos left I started a new read titled LEAP INTO DARKNESS, a true story of a young Jewish 17 year old boy who eluded the Nazi's and survived the Holocaust. Great read and its loaded with pictures of his family and those who assisted him in his survival.

Well Amy and Tyler had a date night so we had the kiddos for supper and we ate leftovers. They love Nancy's chicken fried deer steak and Sam ate the best I've ever seen him eat meat. We also had mashed potato's, turnip greens and white rice. After the clean up it was playtime until it was bath time then Nancy had to go and pick up her mom at the rehab and drive her home and had a short visit with her dad. She said he was in good spirits and looked the best she had seen him in days. The kids and I watched Tangled and rough housed on the floor. That Sam is a tough little guy and he and Ava are like two wrestlers. Ava mentioned she was excited about spending the evening with us because "we are the fun people". Well that was quite a compliment, both Nancy and I were delighted and tickled to hear that.

Well I tuned in to the 7th game of the Series late as I thought that game would go back to Texas to be played on Saturday. I watched a couple innings and the Red Birds were winning by a couple runs when I decided to turn off the lights. I just can't get into it after our team was knocked out in the playoffs, but there was some interest just not much after 10:30PM. Saturday will be a busy day with a free oil change for single moms put on by our house church, then beer in the rear chicken(maybe I could substitute the crowing rooster next door) for supper with neighbors and hopefully a little Phase 10 afterwards. LATER

No comments: