Saturday, October 1, 2011

Friday

Well what a busy day as the morning started around 5:30 as I was just too excited about the trip to the cabin. I was did most of the chores that needed to be done up there before ever getting out of bed down here. Oh well that's the excitement in me for most occurrences especially those that require traveling to some place new. After my quiet times and a bowl of oatmeal I pedalled out to the rec for what was my last time until hopefully November for pickle ball. We had a small crowd for an hour then several filtered in through out the morning until we had 2 courts going. I'll miss the camaraderie with most of the folks and of course the great cardio workout 5 days a weeks.

I headed home after cancelling my library pickups. I did some chores around the house then headed out on the bike to my local barber for an ear lowering haircut. I stopped by and saw Amy and Sam out in their yard. They didn't come for lunch today as we had lots of running errands to do plus Nancy had to drive her mom to the rehab place so she could spend the day with Will.I finished the leftover Zuppa soup for lunch and Nancy finished the leftover tuna noodle casserole from a night ago.

We spent the afternoon getting together some things that need to be packed on Saturday for our early morning departure on Sunday. We are having a birthday dinner here on Sat. evening for Nancy's mom and she wanted lasagna plus a carrot cake so Nancy was busy in the kitchen most of the afternoon. I was finishing up some Amway business as the end of the month was at hand for some of their great specials. Hopefully they will happen again in the near future for those of you who failed to act this time. We are thrilled to have signed up 4 new customers in just this our first month. Our team leaders are just great people plus very generous buying and shipping for free hundreds of dollars of Nutrilite products. I will post when and if they have these specials again.

I grilled some fresh Salmon and Nancy did a couple sweet potato's in the microwave along with a salad for supper. She had to go back to the rehab and pick up her mom and take her home around 8 PM, I just chilled watching the Tampa Bay Ray's defeat the Texas Rangers with a 9-0 score, yea!!! Go Rays!!!! They play again the evening in Texas and we will have a house full of company so this will probably be my last post in Florida for awhile. I understand frost was in the fore cast for the mountains with only a high of in the 40's on Sunday when we arrive, yikes that will be a change from 90's to 40's all in one day; are we ever looking forward to that. The tomato and pepper plants I transplanted look pretty good as I watered them just before dark last night but the mosquitoes were hungry so I didn't linger. With water everywhere down in ponds, lakes and many yards still draining this is a paradise for them. Well I'm rambled long enough hope to catch up with all in the mountains, LATER

No comments: