Friday, October 14, 2011

Thursday

Wow was it ever pouring rain this morning as I got ready to head out to the rec for some pickle ball after my quiet time and breakfast, yikes the street was flooding. That meant I had to drive there and cut my play time short because Nancy had to take her mom to the doctor. I still had a good 2 hour workout as the play was super good, and lots of long rallies.

After Nancy left with the truck I did a little garden work; the radish seeds I planted on Monday are through the ground now if I can just keep the dang squirrels from digging in the rows maybe we will get some. All the other seedlings are looking good despite the high heat and humidity today. The rain helped so much I didn't have to water this evening. I'm going to have lots of lettuce seedlings to transplant in a couple days as the seed pots are full of little seedlings as well as kale and a few flowers seedlings.

Nancy brought her mom to the house for lunch before she drove her to the rehab. We finished up the left over deer steak and she really liked it, I'm a little surprised as I didn't think she would try it but she really liked the flavor and commented how good it was. It all goes back to the way it was dressed and butchered; thanks again Andy and Mechelle and your super job of preparing this meat. After Amy and the kiddos and GG(Nancy's mom)left I caught up on some business correspondence as I'm trying to expand my customer base and I receive an e-mail regarding how manufacturer's are hiding where the products we use are made. The American people are becoming wary of products produced in China and other foreign countries so you have to look at the bar code on each product. If it starts with a 691, 692 or 693 its from China and so I'm trying to refrain from using those items especially if its an item I consume in any way, especially any vitamins or supplements. I have stopped buying those items from Wal-Mart, etc and now buy what I know is made in America by Nutrilite and distributed by Amway. I can tell such a difference in only a few weeks time and Nancy has noticed a big difference as well.

I had a large green avocado that had ripen so I chopped it up(squashed it with a fork after peeling) chopped up some onion, added lime juice,cumin, salt and pepper, tomato and layered that with some refried beans in a tortilla and added some Taco Bell sauce and some grated cheese, wow what a meal we had for supper. Yikes that was kind of fun for a change.

Well not much else is going on except I had my weed whacker worked on by a very knowledgeable small engine repair guy and he informed me to never use 87 octane(regular) gas in any 2 or 4 cycle engines as the ethanol(plant based) will cause scorching of the piston and to always use Echo synthetic oil and to mix at 2.6 ounces per gallon. Wow is this guy great and very reasonable and I could tell he loves informing the public. He has a shop in the back of his house near here in Largo and does all the small engine repairs for Ace Hardware. So all you guys out there use at least 89 octane in all small engines; he showed me what happens is the gas fumes never evaporate properly(ethanol) when setting and then it causes the damage to the piston when fired up; and that all other 2 cycle oil is bulk, even if it comes with the machine because over time its not made to withstand the high revolutions. Use Echo oil he advises as its the best.

Well the Tigers go back to Texas after winning a close one and I'm not sure about the Red Birds(Cardinals) if they won or not as it was nearly 10:30 and I was falling asleep after my shower. Our friends in the mountains are posting some absolutely gorgeous pictures of the Fall leaves on Face book, sure makes us long for the high country and so I will go back a couple years and look at the trees along side our cabin and look at their beauty that I have stored in the archives of this blog. We also long for the beauty of our friends there as well and counting the days until we will see you. Thanks so much for all the memories that were a part of our fun times, good eatin'and just enjoying one another company in that beautiful part of GOD'S creation, LATER

No comments: