Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Monday

Well it was back to the usual routine after spending last Monday at the cabin with temps in the 30's, heater going and the chilled wind blowing; of course by Wednesday is was absolutely beautiful but that was last week. After my morning wake up with rooster's seranade I did my quiet time and then a bowl of Cherrios with a banana then out to the rec on the bike for a great time of pickle ball. I didn't once hit a pikle ball last week or will I hike any mountain trails this week or for many weeks to come, what a trade off. We had a good showing and a nice crowd of players and I had a wet shirt by the time I finished at 10 AM afterwards several of ladies needed a fourth for ping pong so I filled in for 3 games and my pardner and I cleaned house. Thats a fun game and believe it or not a good workout as well, especially in doubles play.

I headed home and started on the yard; mowing, edging and trimming hedges and vines. Oh by the way one of my orchid plants is sending tall shoots that have about 20 buds on them so I will be have beautiful orchids soon. Orchids are the easiest flowering plant to grow. I do absolutely nothing to them and they are gorgeous, once in awhile if I think about I will give them a shot of miracle grow but thats about it. I keep them under a large flowering vine in the back yard as they don't care for direct sunlight.

After lunch Nancy and headed out to Lowes as I had a couple Fathers Day gift cards and we bought; collards, brocolli, cabbage seedlings as well as fertilyzer and some osmocote and an 18 pack of impatients. I dropped off my weed wacker at a small engine repair shop and Val who is superb mechanic will replace some fuel lines that have cracked and fallen apart.We came back to work in the front yard and to plant my seedlings. That kept us busy until 5:30 then we had left pork roast, spuds and gravy and some fresh brocolli and cauilflower for supper. I vegetated in front of the playoffs games until it was time for nighty-nite, LATER

No comments: