Sunday, October 23, 2011

Saturday

Well I had the opportunity to attend the USF(University of South Florida) football homecoming game at Raymond James Stadium(where the BUCS play) yesterday afternoon with son Bobby, and a couple other guys. The weather was unbelievably nice with temps in the 70's and a nice breeze. There were between 25-30 thousand fans and we all saw a great game except for the last minute when Cincinnati came from behind and won in a close game. That was my first college game except for when I attended Garner-Webb College in Boiling Springs, N.C. back many moons ago. The seats we had were first class as the athletic director for USF fixed us up as he and his family attend Element Church.

The weather here is just gorgeous and the garden is really taking off. I didn't do a whole lot the rest of the day except water the gardens when I got home from the game and then watered the front yard until dark. I grilled some marinated chicken breasts and along with a baked potato, broccoli and carrots, so we had a fine feed. I did a little reading and watched a little more college football on the tube before catching the first part of the third game of the World Series and watching the Lightning win(don't you just love remotes). The Red Birds were winning when I cut the lights off about 10:30. We just don't watch many sports in this house, but I do every chance we get. Nancy is in on the couch with the remote and I'm in the bedroom with the sports channel and occasionally Man vs Wild.

Well tomorrow is worship together at Element Church in Tampa. If you want to get out of the cold and overcast days of up north we have plenty of sunshine down here to go around, so come on down.LATER

No comments: