Friday, October 28, 2011

Thursday

Once again we had clear skies, bright sunshine and the temps were in the low 80's. We still have the windows open but that could change if the humidity continues to rise. There is still a nice breeze which keeps if comfortable. The morning started out the usual except I didn't hear the roosters next door until nearly 6:30. At first I thought maybe an animal like a possum or raccoon may have taken care of that big beak during the night; but he was an hour or so late, wishful thinking!!!

I rode out to the rec for my couple hours of pickle ball after a bowl of Cheerios and banana and my quiet time. After the rec I stopped off at the library and picked up a read then headed home to work in the garden until lunch time. Amy and the kiddos decided to go to the park for a picnic lunch and playtime on the playground equipment so it was quiet around during lunch and afterwards. Nancy and I shared a large leftover salad from house church last night and boy was it good especially with lots of fresh sweet basil from my garden. After lunch she took off to drive her mom to the rehab for the day with her dad.

I chilled for a couple hours until the sun was shaded on the other garden then I headed out to transplant yellow squash and more lettuce seedlings in the ground. The garden loves this weather with warm sunny days and nights down into the 60's. We are for casted for some much needed rain this weekend with once again temps only in the 70's for the highs. Looks like it might start to become Florida weather for the winter instead of the scorching heat and high humidity.

I did a little reading outside under the big oak before supper and boy could I smell the wonderful cubed deer steak dipped in milk then flour and into a hot skillet, yikes that is the best meat ever and I made a milk gravy in the skillet after frying and we put that over mashed whipped potato's and along with fresh asparagus it was a meal fit for a king. Once again I have to give credit to the way our mountain buddy, Andy who harvested the deer and the way he processes it afterwards. Mucho Thanks again.

Well I had to pick up Nancy's mom from the rehab around 8 o'clock and drive her home and there hasn't been much improvement in her dad's health. His eating has improved but he still has other problems and he still can't stand without support on either side. Continue to keep him and all of us in your thought and prayers. Well I watched a little if the Series and when I cut the lights off in the 7th inning the Rangers were winning by one, LATER

No comments: