Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday

Well it was one of those days that's just unbelievable weather wise. After the usual wake up with the dueling birds, my quiet time and the bowl of oatmeal with a banana I climbed on the bike for my ride to the rec for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We had a good crowd today with some very good play right up to the end with lots of wet shirts.

I headed home and the crispness in the air was just so invigorating that I spent the next couple hours outside in the garden. It was in the low 70's by lunch time and Nancy had gone to pick up her mom so we had meatloaf sandwiches and a bowl of homemade veggie soup, Wow did that ever taste good. We had to close the windows as the cool air made everyone chilly even though it was in the 70's yikes have we become so use to the 90's that our body thermostats are out of whack. After that lunch Nancy drove her mom to the rehab and I headed back out into the yard.

I mowed, edged, weed whacked, pulled weeds and trimmed. It was just one of those days we so long for here in the semi-tropics of Florida it certainly reminded of a spring morning in the mountains at our cabin. The skies were blue with bright sunshine and along with the gentle breeze it was glorious. After the yard work I headed back into the garden to pull weeds and loosen the soil around some seedlings and transplanted more Zinnias and Marigolds. Ava will love coming to my back yard when all of these come into bloom as she loves to pick flowers.

Well I spent the afternoon outside and it was delightful. We found some fresh Salmon on sale for 5 Bucks a pound at a local grocery so Nancy on her way back from taking her mom stocked up; by freezing the fresh fish in bags of water it insulates the fish from freezer burn and it tastes just like the day you bought. We had a nice piece that I grilled along with garlic buttered Angel hair pasta and sauteed spinach, Yikes was that ever good eatin'.

Well Saturday's plans for me include something I've not done since 1964 and that is go to a college football game. Bobby had tickets to the USF(University of South Florida) given to him and (I believe they are a ranked team or were at one time) he and I are doing a little father son bonding. The day should be great with temp's into the low 70's and bright sunshine. Looking forward to that experience. I know a couple years ago when we had season tickets to the BUCS(when they were good) we had great fun together cheering on our team.

Well just a reminder to those who haven't checked out our Amway store for this month's super special, only about a week left to do so. The prices you see are retail at our store but if you want to become a preferred customer send me an e-mail or a note on this blog and we can do some discounts. Its not often in this economic downtrend that offers like this come along to save a few bucks and get quality merchandise. LATER

No comments: