Friday, October 21, 2011

Thursday

Well the first signs of Fall and Winter are here in the Tampa Bay area as we awakened of course to Mr. Big Beak and cool air streaming down from the North. It was in the 60's and reached only the high 70's, for the day and I loved it!! There was enough of a breeze to keep the mosquitoes down as I worked in the garden and yard. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal I jumped on the bike and headed to the rec for some nearly 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We had a good crew and the play was continuous until nearly 10 AM. I had drunk an energy drink about 9 AM and I was wired, it was one we had purchased from ourselves and oh was it ever dewicheous(Annsley)0carbs, 0sugar but packed with B Vitamins and caffeine, so if your sluggish or need me a pick-me-up try one of these babies; I felt like I was on a high until suppertime.

I stopped at the library and picked up a couple reads before heading home in the bright sunshine, blue skies and cool gentle breezes; now remember anything below 95 degrees and 80% humidity is cool and nice to be outside. I spent and hour or so just watering and picking dead leaves out of my seedlings in the garden. The garden is looking good and I have Zucchini and Yellow squash seeds breaking ground. Its starting to look as if the garden is well on its way. The orchids are so vibrant in their deep purple colors and just lovely to look at, I sure hope the white ones make as they are exquisite and what aroma, I never new orchids had such fragrance.

Amy and the kiddos came for lunch and we had a grand time playing and seeing so much progress with them, Ava now writes her name very well and Sam is all boy and very interested in everything he can reach, so cute and such personality. They are both just the sweetest and so adorable. They came back for supper as Nancy made a huge pot of fresh vegetable beef soup; oh my was that ever dewicheous on this Fall day as we have the windows and doors open. She also made corn muffins and with butter and homemade black raspberry jam(from the cabin) it was to die for. Tyler came as well as he was teaching ESL at church and we had a chance to play out back after eating. The air was so fresh and clean and cool(70's). I have plenty of seedlings so he is coming by tomorrow and get some for his garden.

After the supper cleanup Nancy headed out to the rehab facility to drive her mom home and to take her a container of the soup as well. Her dad is about the same with little or no progress as to his ability to walk unassisted, even with a walker. He needs constant care and attention but his appetite has improved. The latest prognosis is at least 2 more weeks in the rehab before some decisions are made with the type of long care he will need. Keep them in your thought and prayers as this is a life changer for all of us.

Well I read and watched some of the world series and when I hit the sack the Red Birds were winning again, I really have no preference but the Texans defeated our local Ray's so I was at first pulling against them when playing us, but now maybe leaning toward them to win because they beat us; is that not convoluted thinking?? Anyhow its sure nice to have a change from the HOT and HUMID weather and now our cabin in the mois in the 30's at night which would make for great snuggling in those flannel sheets that we never got the chance to put on the bed, Ahhh they are the best on cold wintry nights. If we had been able to stick to plans we would be there until the middle of next monthNov) but as the old saying goes"if a bull frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt" when hopping(Eddie). Well better go I see where the butcher of Libya has been butchered, good riddance to that tyrant, Qaddafi. LATER

No comments: