Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday

Well the morning sure looked like it was going to pour rain at any moment, but it held off and by the time I left the rec at 10 AM the sun was shining brightly with a stiff northern breeze. After my quiet time and the usual bowl of boring oatmeal with some fruit I pedalled out to the rec for some pickle ball with about 16 others. We had some good play especially the first hour or so. Afterwards I headed on home to check on the garden after the couple inches of rain we had on Tuesday through out the day. Everything looks like it will make it although the new lettuce seedlings took a beating. The radish seeds I planted a couple days ago are up; I only hope I got them planted in the waning sign of the moon.

We took off after I got home for a trip to Sam's club for some goodies and a stop at Winn Dixie for a rib roast on sale at 4.49 a pound whereas its usually 7.99 a pound and up. We had them to cut 10 steaks and a nice 3-4 bone roast from the whole loin. Looks like I'm smoking a 15 pound turkey on Friday and having the family over for a big dinner. That will be first time I've ever done a beer in the turkey, I just hope its as good as the chicken smoked that way. After Sam's we fixed a frozen pizza and had a fresh salad for lunch. I'm still a little nasally but Nancy is finally getting over her cold and can now taste again. She headed to the rec in the early afternoon for a workout while I chilled and finished up a good read.

We picked up a rotisserie chicken at Sam's for supper and had a fresh salad to go with it before heading out to house church at 7 PM. There was a good crowd and we had a couple new faces as well as we missed a few familiar faces. I stayed in a room with the little ones and had my hands full with the 4 of them. Well not much else is going on, LATER

No comments: