Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday

Well the day started out with the rooster crowing around 5 AM but we were able to tune him out until around 7:30. The clogged head was still there and of course the runny nose was still running. I seemed to have gotten worse overnight even with ingesting all of my home remedies. The doctor informed Nancy to let it run is course and she will be one week tomorrow and of course I have just started. I don't really feel that bad just a stuffy head with sneezing and runny nose. After our quiet times I started a breakfast of grits, poached eggs and toast. After the clean up I headed out to check on the gardens.

We had so much rain on Thursday and Friday that many of my new seedlings suffered with a beat down from the rain as well as a wash out. When I headed out side I noticed right away the drop in temp's. Yikes with the strong wind it really felt wintry yet we did have some sunshine at times for the day. I loaded up some newly transplanted seedlings into the wheelbarrow to move out to the front yard so they would be in the direct sunlight until just before dark. Lots of my herbs don't like the cold temps so they were put into the shed just before sundown and then I drug out the sheets once again to cover the peppers and tomatoes. There is the chance of seeing the middle 30's again tonight, dang I'm ready for the warm temps again and to get rid of this head cold.

We did head out to the CVS for some antihistamine for Nancy as she is limited to the over the counter cold stuff because of her blood pressure medicine. I picked up some decongestant for me and have been taking it along with my; garlic, Vit C, hot tea with ginger and lime juice. I guess I to will have to let it run its course but neither of us are thrilled. At least we don't have the other end running and we aren't confined to the bed so we feel lucky. Its just difficult to constantly blow your nose and breathe through your mouth especially while eating. I did manage to finish an exceptional good read entitled WOMAN ON TRIAL. The true story is about love, corruption and murder regarding Lawrencia Bembenek who was falsely prosecuted for murder and I found out on the Internet she at the age of 52 passed away this past November. Interesting and you may remember her saga and the slogan of "run Bambi run" as her story was told without prejudice while she fought to clear her name.

We ate some rib roast we had frozen from Christmas day dinner along with some Brussel sprouts and a fresh garden salad. The cold weather doesn't seem to bother the leafy green veggies and man was the salad ever a good. I added beet greens, red cabbage, Florida sweet onion and a couple of my small home grown tomato's. Yikes was that ever good eatin, at least I can taste whereas Nancy's taste buds are dormant due to the head cold. LATER

No comments: