Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wednesday

Yikes it was bloody cold here most of the day and especially in the morning hours. I had to drive to the rec after my quiet time and bowl of oatmeal with fruit. The wind never ceased all day. Enough is enough, I'm sick and tried of cold temps in Florida. I want to to turn the a/c on again, sweat when I work in my garden and yard and get under the big oak to cool off. Tell me where is Al Bore and his scam on us with global warming?? Oh well I feel better now that I've got that off my to do list, dang heat is running again and I'm sure the roof tops and grass is covered with ice once again. Hopefully the sheets and blankets kept my 'maters from freezing last night.

After an abbreviated workout on the pickle ball court I headed home in the truck(too cold to ride the bike) to pick up our neighbors and ferry them to TIA(airport in Tampa) for their trip back to Coldwater, Michigan, wow what's in a name. They had been down here for a couple weeks visiting her mom, our neighbor. After dropping them off we headed to Sam's to gas up and get a few goodies. Man gas is above 3 bucks a gallon again and I'm sure it will go higher by summer.

Amy and the grand babies came for lunch and Sam is teething again and seems very irritable and his appetite is diminished as well, but he is such a cute little feller and he is handling it well. He stands by himself and it won't be long until he will be walking. Ava is such a beauty and now she is in that"I'm a puppy dog stage where she is hopping around on all fours and barking". So cute I had forgotten how kids like to pretend they're animals. We had some of that great soup Nancy made for lunch and my oh my was that ever good on such a cold day.

We had picked up a rotisserie chicken at Sam's for supper and along with a fresh garden salad we ate lite as later we were heading to our neighborhood house church at 7 PM. We had a good showing with about 12 adults and 5 kids and had a good discussion on the first chapter in Colossians. We are trying to stick to an hour of study and only have fellowship time(eat,etc) once a month. So far I like this more structured approach.

I came back to watch the Lightning beat Washington in ice hockey. LATER

No comments: