Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday

The morning started out with the usual quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal after our rooster next door began crowing around 4:30 in the morning. I managed to get a little more shuteye after his wake up crow but was wide awake before the alarm sounded at 6:30. I mention this evening maybe we should roast him and the man of the house next door was in agreement but his wife has some kind of affection for this feathered friend. Oh well!!!. After breakfast I rode out to the rec on the bike for some pickle ball. We had a full house by 9 AM but the first 1/2 to 3/4 hour we had some great play that was fast and furious. There were lots of wet shirts today and by 10 AM I was ready for a breather. I stopped off at the library and picked up a good read titled ONCE UPON A TIME by Harry MacLean. Its story of a little girl who was murdered in Calif. in 1969 and 20 years later the deceased friend remembers her father a fireman was the killer. Very interesting!!!

I hand watered the garden when I got home and picked a few green beans. The warmer weather has really helped with garden and I noticed my first tomato albeit a small one is starting to turn pink. Yeah am I really for some home grown tomato's. The lettuce is doing fantastic and I picked a handful of sugar peas Nancy put in with the stir fry brocolli for supper tonight over white rice. YUMMM!!!

Amy and the kids came for lunch and afterwards I headed out to get my ears lowered at the barber shop. The sun was in an out but the temps were in the low 70's as it made for a pleasant ride on the bike. After the kids left we decided to clean out a closet a day and dispose of the things we no longer fit in, no longer wear or use. We have a pile of clothes for the Goodwill as well as filled up a trash can plus set aside several articles of clothing I can use while working in the mountains. Wow its unbelievable what one can accumulate and then forget you have it stored somewhere.

Not much else is going except I aired up my bike tires after the ride to the barber shop and then picked up a bicycle tire I had lent to a neighbor who had a flat and now she wanted it out of her garage as she to is cleaning house. Wow is it spring cleaning already or has this warm weather made us feel like its that time of the years.LATER

No comments: