Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday

Well the morning started out with the usual quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with fruit before heading out to the rec for some pickle ball. We had a good crowd today and after 2 plus hours I was ready for a break. It seems I've contracted this head cold of Nancy's so I was a little washed out from that as well. She is off to see the doctor tomorrow morning but as for me I'll continue with the raw garlic and Vit C. Its a good thing she can't taste or smell so the garlic doesn't seem to bother her at this point.

After the rec I worked in the garden until it was time for a bowl of chili before we headed over to GG and Pap's to trim some bushes. Afterwards we stopped by the veggie stand for some fruit and veggies. Afterwards I transplanted some bean seedlings into the garden to replace some of the beans that were nipped by the frost. It was just a beautiful day with temp's into the high 70's and bright sunshine. I actually sat down for an hour and finished a read I had started a couple days ago about police officers who murder. Yikes there are some crazy people out there wearing a badge and carrying a gun, anyhow I often wondered about some of the rogue cops I met over the 30 years I was in law enforcement.

While basking in the sunshine an old friend called from Clemmons thats in the Winston-Salem area of N.C. and he mentioned their weather was really nice at around 40 degrees. They are sick of the cold, snow and ice but they made a life change a couple years ago to move from here in Florida to N.C. It was good to hear from him and that his girls are all doing good. His youngest is a freshman in high school. Yikes where did all this time go???

Well I cut some fresh Swiss chard for the first time from this garden; sauteed it in olive oil and fresh garlic, added a little sea salt and pepper and wow is all I can say about the taste. We had that along with a fresh garden salad, wild rice and fish. Amy and the grand babies came for supper as Tyler is teaching ESL at SFBC. Well not much else is going on except we cancelled smoking a turkey for Saturday as Nancy can't smell or taste and we don't want to infect the rest of the family, so we will try that dish another time. LATER

No comments: