Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday

Yikes, what a day in the flat land of the sub-tropics. The morning started with me actually asleep when the alarm went off(where's that bloody rooster, more on that later). After our quiet time and a bowl of boring oatmeal with some rasp and blueberries, I straddled the 18 speed and pedalled to the rec for a workout on the pickle ball courts. We had a moderate turnout with about 15 players and the play was fast and furious, we were missing a couple of regulars hopefully they will be back tomorrow. I'm still recovering from the head cold so at times I was a little lax in my play but I had a good wet shirt from the workout. It sure was good to get back and move the blood around in the body.

After the rec I stopped by the library and picked up another read as I'm about finished a great true story read titled A DEADLY SECRET by Matt Birkbeck, yeow what a great job by some troopers in New York State. This is a don't want to put down read until the end. Pictures included!!!!I pedalled on home in the warm temp's so I hand watered the garden and played around pulling weeds. I had heard we were getting a major rain fall later in the day so I didn't soak it as much as usual.

Amy and the grand babies came for lunch so I finished off the tortilla soup which actually seemed to get spicy the more it sat but was still a good dish. I took another antihistamine because of the lingering congestion but at least I can breathe through my nose. Nancy is doing much better since starting the amoxicilin, me I'm still doing it the wagon train way, but I may cheat tonight at bed time and throw down a couple of those pilfered antibiotics as Nancy proclaims I'll never use all of the 7 days prescribed for me. She is so nice to share her meds, especially after she gave me the dang infection. Oh well!!!

After lunch the kids played a while and the girls watched an Avonlee disc so I read and then felt like taking a nap. I laid on the bed in the green room and had a good nap only to wake up to a heavy down pour with lighting. I mean a downpour with a river running down our street. There were tornado warning everywhere with 50-60 mile gusts and super heavy rain. Thankfully we sustained no damage in our neighborhood but some areas had lots of trees down and lots of street flooding. Nancy fixed salmon cakes with a baked spud and cooked spinach for supper. Now that's working on reducing some belly fat; especially since I left the butter off the spud and just used some chopped radishes and a touch of sour cream for a topping. Yummm!!!

Nancy noticed our neighbor leaving this afternoon with that dang rooster sitting on the front seat of his truck as they left the 'hood. Not looking good to eat that bird at this point or any time soon. Well not much else is going on here in the deep south except lots of much needed rain and of course the temps are supposed to cool off again after this front moves through. I see where our northern family and friends are expecting some more of that frozen rain as this front heads their way. We had some great news about our little baby friend Harrison who has had a tremendous amount of health issues since making his way into the world. Keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. LATER

No comments: