Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday

Once again the temps were really nice and I was reminded of a N.C. morning that we have during the summer months at the cabin. After my quiet time and a bowl of fruit for breakfast I pedalled out to the rec for my 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We had some great play the first hour then as more players arrived the level of play eased off but by 10 AM I was bushed and really to call it a day. I stopped by the library and picked up 3 books I had on hold then headed home to water the gardens. The kids went to Tampa today so it was just Nancy and myself for lunch so we cleaned up the left over roast pork, black eyed pea soup and salad. I was famished as I didn't eat any oatmeal with my fruit for breakfast.

We noticed a large ring on the arm of the leather couch a couple days ago which is still under warranty so we had a person to look at it and it took her about 2 hours to restore the couch as she matched up the color with some paint. It looks as good as it did before the arm was damaged. It seems a hot cup of coffee was set momentarily on the arm and it left a white circle.

After the lady left we just chilled as we got ready for an early supper as tonight was our neighborhood house church at 7 PM. We had about 15 adults and 5 kids present. We did a short Bible study, lifted up those who had prayer requests and sang 3 great praise and worship songs. Nancy had a made a large pan of brownies so afterwards the kids got their chocolate fixes. I passed on the dessert as I was on the scales after my PB and I was about 5-8 pounds heavier than when I got back to Florida from the cabin. Yeow, I must cut down on all the good stuff and try not to eat so much as well. LATER

No comments: