Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday
























































Well it was raining cats and dogs in the early morning hours and by the time it was time to ride out to the rec on the bike at 7:30 after my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with fruit, the rain had ceased. The skies were overcast but no precipitation and the northern wind had chilled down the air enough I needed a flannel shirt. We had a full house at pickle ball today with 3 courts going at once and 4-5 players waiting to get on. After 2 1/2 hours I was ready to head home and take a break.

Amy was picking up Nancy and they were going to GG's for lunch so I spent the afternoon after a sandwich reading. It was so peaceful around here I was missing Amy and the grand babies. Finally the sun came out so I ventured outside to clean the rain gutters of acorns, twigs and leaves. The flat roof on the back of the house is littered with dead twigs, leaves and acorns from the 2 big oaks around the house. I need a good dry day to take the blower up onto the roof and get rid of this debris.
Well Nancy headed outside to take some pictures of the garden and the critters next door. I will post a few pics at the end. Amy was coming for supper with Ava and Sam as Tyler was teaching ESL at SFBC, so we were having fried eggplant, yellow rice and grilled pork chops. The egg plant was marvelous and of course I like to doctor mine with fresh thyme, oregano, dill and ground red pepper and even a little basil. Wow, I could make a meal on that dish alone; anyhow the chops were great as well as the yellow rice. Sam loved the egg plant but Ava wouldn't eat any of it, I think she has Tyler's aversion to texture such as; squash, tomato's, etc. Sam took his first bath in the tub tonight with Ava. They are so cute together. LATER.

No comments: