Saturday, January 15, 2011

Friday

Well once again it was a cold morning here in the Sunshine State with temps down into the 30's but around lunch time it actually began to warm up and reached the high 50's. There were a few high clouds with a breeze which made it feel colder. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal I bundled up for the ride to the rec on my bike. Needless to say I had a ton of looks with my bare legs showing and my eyes were teared from the cold breeze. Yikes what was I thinking??? Anyhow we had a good size crowd with fast and furious play the first hour and continued until it was time to take down the nets at 10AM. The rec is closed on Monday so only 4 days next week to play.

After getting back to the house with a stop at the library I hand watered the gardens then fed the plants with a little miracle grow solution so to give them a boost because of these cold temps. I think every plant made it through this cold snap although the sheets and blankets weighed down the plants. Amy and the grand babies came for lunch and we finished the last of the beef barley vegetable soup, Yumm is all I can say. We were invited up to neighbors Dan and Carol for supper and to play cards. After the kids left Nancy took off walking to the rec to get her workout in and I just chilled with a good book.

We had a roast for supper with carrots, spuds and Nancy made broccoli and cauliflower as well as a big fresh salad. I won the Phase 10 game and Carol won the Oh (H) well game. It was going on 10 before we headed home. LATER

No comments: