Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday

Well was it ever foggy this morning but at least in was warm compared to the last several morning. After my quiet time and a breakfast of oatmeal, blueberries and a banana I pedalled out about 7:30 to the rec. We had about 20 players for the day but initially started out with 4 players and had some good play before the general crowd arrived. I played until nearly 10:30 and then headed over to the weight room for some lifts and crunches before heading for home. The fog had lifted and a warm sunny day emerged. I headed for the garden and after the good rain yesterday I decided to transplant some Bib lettuce into the ground where the radishes had been. I probably transplanted a couple dozen seedlings and still have that many more. It seems every seed I planted sprouted, sure wish I could get that good of germination on the rest of my seeds.

Amy and the kids came for lunch and I ate a salad and a couple pieces of celery with peanut butter. I'm trying to hold down my over eating so as to lose a little of this belly fat. After the kids left I started raking the back yard of the many oak leaves then took the mower and ran over the piles,mulching them. After mulching I raked the leaves up and put them in the garden around my plants. The mulching helps with the quick breakdown and the plants love the oak leaves acidity. I worked outside until 4:30 and finally did both front and back yards.

We ate the left overs from last nights supper and they were as good today as last night. I sure missed the cornbread but that is definitely not good in keeping the waistline slim, so since it was all eaten last night we decided to fore go fixing another pan.Well not much else is going on except Nancy contracted a head cold from someone so she has a clogged head with a runny nose. LATER

No comments: