Friday, January 14, 2011

Thursday

The day was pretty much the usual with the heat running most of the night and once again I covered my garden with sheets and blankets in hope's of saving some plants. It was down to the freezing mark once again but the dang wind makes it so much colder. Anyhow after my quiet times and a bowl I pedalled out to the rec. It was so dang cold my eyes watered all the way there but at least by the time I finished a little after 10 it had warmed up to the low 40's, that's a heat wave for Florida, right!!!

I did manage to save most of the garden but a few leaves and branches of the maters showed some wilt. Everything else looked peaked but still green so I really hand watered it. I read where keeping the ground wet actually produces heat and protects against a dry cold.

Nancy and I ran some errands to Lowes, veggie stand and Sweetbay. Seems a little mouse slept in our garage last night and left a few droppings on a towel on the dryer so it was off to buy some traps and D-Con. The little feller was cold and he must have slipped in while the garage door was up. Anyhow it big time game hunter for the little creature.

Amy and the kids came for supper and she likes this pasta dish with lots of fresh oregano, basil and thyme with Roma 'maters and fresh garlic over penne pasta. I had picked lots of lettuce as well and it was a delicious supper only bad part was once again I had seconds. Never going to get rid of this belly fat that way. The kids stayed til after 8 and we gave Ava and Sam a bath together, they are so cute and that Sam what a squirmier when it comes to getting him dressed or to change a diaper. It takes 2 of us as he uses all of his evasive tactics to keep from laying still. So funny!!

Well its time to head for the showers and read before turning out the lights. LATER

No comments: