Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunday

Well it was another morning of runny noses and clogged sinus's. We decided after wakening to not share our wet gifts to any of our family and friends at Element Church. The morning was another chilly one for Florida with temps down into the low 30's. I had covered my tomato's and peppers the night before and moved several small seedlings and herbs into the shed. The wind just made it feel so cold even though we had bright sunshine for most of the day. By evening the temps had moved up close to the 50 mark so I know our mountain friends were thinking that was a heat wave.

After hacking, coughing and blowing well I won't get to graphic, we decided after our quiet times to make a mountain breakfast of buckwheat cakes with rasp and blue berries in the batter also I fried up the last of the hickory smoked bacon and we added the last of the eggs on top so that lasted us all day. I was checking some comments about stuffy noses, heads, sinus and what not when some wrote about a Nettie Pot. I never heard that before so I googled it and sure enough there was a video of some guy with a tea pitcher pouring a salty solution up and into his nostril and letting it run out the other nostril. Yikes that looked like a great idea for eliciting secrets from the enemy but I thought back to the days of when I would get water up my nose from swimming, painful so right away decided there must be a better way to clean out the head. The further I explored some one mentioned making a tent and sticking your nose into the tent and breathing deeply or at least attempt to; with a stopped up nose that's a little difficult well low and behold(isn't that a biblical term) it worked and I found that while stirring the solution which stirs up those salty vapors and breathing at the same time. So I showed this to Nancy and of course she was skeptical but eventually she tried it and it worked. She distrusts or is at the least mildly apprehensive about my contributions to her health care, of course I ALWAYS interject the theory what if she was on a wagon train headed west, OH Well, that's another day. Anyhow she found some relief and actually was able to taste some of her homemade chocolate chip cookies and later the delicious pot of tortilla soup for supper. It always help when other's like Eleana and sister Dee make comments on the infamous Face Book which has become her go to authority.

Well after unclogging the head I ventured out bundled up of course in the sub-tropics of Florida with the wind chill down near freezing, I even wore a hat to check on the garden's and to strip off the sheets. I checked my rat trap and caught a big one who I thing has been sampling my tomato's at night. The plants looked to have survived and I buried the rat in my garden; worm food.

We spent the rest of the day reading both in books and on the Net and finally some NFL football came on the tube. Only one more game and that's the super bowl which should be a good one between the Packers and Steelers. Man can you believe playing in temps that cold. Well better go looks like the temps may warm up to the high 60's on Monday. LATER

No comments: